Sunday, March 12, 2017

This is crazy!

This is crazy. It still boggles my mind that I can get up in the morning from a great night’s sleep in my own bed in one city and be sitting outside my home on our patio relaxing with a good book in another city miles away just a few hours later. Who does this? I would have never imagined that it would be me!!! J Thank you Lord for this amazing journey.  

I don’t think I’ve mentioned lately about the wonderful job Bill does in maneuvering our 40 foot home and car dolly in some very tight spaces. We stayed at a very nice RV resort; the corner turns were a bit tight but Bill did a great job. I’m getting better with the anxiety (PTL) when it comes to traveling and parking our home; Bill’s expertise is helping a lot. I remember what our niece said after we only had our motor home for a short while. “So, Share, how’s Bill been doing so far?” Great, I would say. “So why should it be any different this time or the next?” Thanks, Jenna! I hear you in my head more than I’d like to admit. (Lord, forgive me for not trusting You and him more!)

Look close...swimming pigs.
So we did the Florida Strawberry Festival thing and it was a lot of fun (but to be honest we had to work at having fun as we got some really devastating and sad news from some very dear friends of ours while at the festival and we were extremely sad that we couldn’t be with them during this time). The festival reminded me of a really  really  big fair; lots of vendors selling all sorts of merchandise, services, and lots and lots of food.  There was also a midway with rides and things but we didn’t even venture in that direction. No, that would have distracted me from watching my first ever pig race. Seriously, these people said they’ve been racing pigs at the Strawberry Festival for 30 years. So now I’ve seen it once…it was cute but once is enough. So on to the main event (for me anyway) of the festival. Scotty McCreery puts on a great show. He had great stage presence and interacted with the audience just enough. He shared why he wrote certain songs and how grateful he was for the American Idol ride and all those who voted for him. It had been six years since he won, and I could definitely see how he had matured. Funny how we think we know someone we have never met. We both thoroughly enjoyed the concert. On our way out, we bought some kettle corn which tasted so delicious and reminded me of art fairs in Oshkosh. Yes, I still think of “home” sometimes, but not in a homesick sort of way; more of a very fond memory.

I must correct myself. In my last blog I said we were going to be at Grove Ridge RV Resort in Dade City for two nights…nope, it was three which means we had a whole day after the concert to see what Dade City had to offer. Oh boy, I was excited! “Dade City’s Wild Things” here we come. For those of you who have been reading my blog all along, you know I love zoos. Well this is a very different, very unique  sort of zoo. It is done by tour only and we were the only ones on our particular tour. The zoo is on the property of the Zoo Director’s home and he even has some of the baby animals living in the house with him. Would have loved to have seen them! Anyway, we did the walking tour so we got to see the animals pretty close (sorry no pictures allowed) and hear lots of interesting, “I never knew that” facts. There was an option to have some interaction with many of the different baby animals for an additional charge, but we passed on that. We may go back so I can get some one on one time (ten minutes) with a griffin monkey all for the low price of $19.99. Oh yah, we’re also thinking of taking our granddaughter there when we’re parked near her mom’s home (later this month) as it’s only an hour away and our granddaughter loves  animals. (And then I get to go again!)

So here we are, just hours after leaving “home” in Grove Ridge, we find ourselves at Wickham Park in Melbourne FL settling in for a few days before we get to see our son and granddaughter. It was last year right around this time, we first came to this park; we loved it then, we love it now. And, it’s the first time since we started this journey that we have come full circle. It may sound crazy but for me it’s a wonderful feeling to actually know the park we’re heading towards.  We’re even getting to know the area quite a bit. We had all day yesterday (Sat. 3/11) to bum around and that’s exactly what we did. We went to a bike shop, a music shop, a hardware store, a used book store, a thrift shop, an ice cream shop, a grocery store, and, of course, we spent a couple hours on the beach. This morning we found a wonderful vibrant church to attend (that meets in a movie theatre – reminiscent of times gone by) and this afternoon while we wait for the call to hop in the car and drive to Palm Bay (about 20 minutes away) to see our son and granddaughter, we’re getting a long overdue project completed.  Bill stained and taped off, and I’m painting a game “board” that his brother made for us last fall from a picture I sent him. It’s a game that a lot of the ViMMers play called Jokers & Pegs. It’s great fun and I’m anxious to have one of our own. The “board” comes in pieces and can be put together for four to six players; very easy to store in a motor home. 


Not sure how much blogging I’ll be doing in the next couple of weeks as we’ll be focusing on our granddaughter, so until next time…be blessed & be a blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment